NDWM (Nile Delta Water Management Programme) adopts a comprehensive approach including both sub-sectors, water supply and wastewater management as well as irrigated agriculture. Benefitting from several decades of experience in these sectors, the NDWM combines the upscaling of successful approaches from previous phases with the development of innovative measures, based on identified needs by the partner institutions and target groups.
The overall objective of NDWM Programme is to improve the framework conditions for an efficient use of water in water supply and wastewater management as well as in irrigated agriculture in the Nile Delta.
In the irrigated agriculture sub-sector, NDWM cooperates with MALR and its respective departments for agricultural extension and agricultural services with the aim of more efficient use of water resources in irrigated agriculture at farm level. The target groups are predominantly small male and female farmers organised in cooperatives and water user groups in four selected governorates in the Nile Delta (Kafr El Sheikh, Beheira, Sharkia and Dakahlia).
The project outputs are as follows:
- improving the range of advice and services for smallholder farms on water-saving cultivation practices.
- initiating innovative measures and digital applications for efficient water use by smallholder farms.
TASKS OF THE TEAM LEADER:
- Overall responsibility for the advisory package of the Contractor as outlined above•
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the services of the Contractor with other services delivered by the programme at local and national level, in close coordination with the GIZ Head of Programme
- Coordination of activities and interventions with all parties concerned
- Providing strategic input from the activities and experiences
- Personnel management, in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, as well as planning and steering assignments and supporting local and international short-term experts
- Ensuring that results-based monitoring is conducted
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating/adapting the project
- strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a potential follow-on phase
- MSc degree in the field of agriculture or integrated water management
- Proficient language skills in English (level C1 according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- 12 years of professional experience in the agriculture sector incl. capacity development
- 6 years of professional experience with smallholder farmers
- 6 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company
- 3 years of work experience in MENA region (5 out of 10 points), of which 1 year in Egypt (remaining 5 out of 10 points)
- 6 years of experience working on DC projects
The overall duration of the project will be 24 months from probably November 2022
Please upload your current CV here indicating the position you are applying for