NDWM (Nile Delta Water Management Programme) adopts a comprehensive approach including both sub-sectors, water supply and wastewater management as well as irrigated agriculture. Benefitting from several decades of experience in these sectors, the NDWM combines the upscaling of successful approaches from previous phases with the development of innovative measures, based on identified needs by the partner institutions and target groups.
The overall objective of NDWM Programme is to improve the framework conditions for an efficient use of water in water supply and wastewater management as well as in irrigated agriculture in the Nile Delta.
In the irrigated agriculture sub-sector, NDWM cooperates with MALR and its respective departments for agricultural extension and agricultural services with the aim of more efficient use of water resources in irrigated agriculture at farm level. The target groups are predominantly small male and female farmers organised in cooperatives and water user groups in four selected governorates in the Nile Delta (Kafr El Sheikh, Beheira, Sharkia and Dakahlia).
TASKS OF THE EXPERT
- Responsibility for the designing, planning and implementation of extension programmes and activities
- Overall responsibility for the development of the educational and awareness material.
- Overall responsibility for the capacity development of MALR employees at central and governorate level.
- Contribute to the development of concepts to use the digital tools in extension and the implementation of the related activities
- University degree (master) in the field of agriculture •
- Proficient language skills in English (level C1 according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) and Arabic (level C2 according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- 10 years of professional experience in the agricultural extension services and rural development, incl. capacity development.
- 5 years of professional experience in field communication of extension messages.
- 6 years of work experience in Egypt
- 3 years of experience working on DC projects
The overall duration of the project will be 24 months from probably November 2022
Please upload your current CV here indicating the position you are applying for