NDWM (Nile Delta Water Management Programme) adopts a comprehensive approach including both sub-sectors, water supply and wastewater management as well as irrigated agriculture. Benefitting from several decades of experience in these sectors, the NDWM combines the upscaling of successful approaches from previous phases with the development of innovative measures, based on identified needs by the partner institutions and target groups.
The overall objective of NDWM Programme is to improve the framework conditions for an efficient use of water in water supply and wastewater management as well as in irrigated agriculture in the Nile Delta.
In the irrigated agriculture sub-sector, NDWM cooperates with MALR and its respective departments for agricultural extension and agricultural services with the aim of more efficient use of water resources in irrigated agriculture at farm level. The target groups are predominantly small male and female farmers organised in cooperatives and water user groups in four selected governorates in the Nile Delta (Kafr El Sheikh, Beheira, Sharkia and Dakahlia).
The project outputs are as follows:
- improving the range of advice and services for smallholder farms on water-saving cultivation practices.
- initiating innovative measures and digital applications for efficient water use by smallholder farms.
TASKS OF THE EXPERT
- Mapping and developing land use geo-reference maps for water demand in 10 Markaz (net cultivated land, branch canals, cooperatives borders including basin borders, pump houses, crop pattern urban and rural settlements) using GIS tools.
- Training the GIS units and water demand team at Markaz level.
- University degree (master) in IT/GIS applications.
- Proficient language skills in English (level C1 according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) (5 out of 10 points in assessment) and Arabic (level C2 according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- 7 years of professional experience in GIS and development of geo-reference mapping.
- 5 years of professional experience in training and capacity development.
- 3 years of work experience in Egypt.
- 3 years of experience working on DC projects
The overall duration of the project will be 24 months from probably November 2022
Please upload your current CV here indicating the position you are applying for