This project is one of eight country packages implemented by the GIZ-PTB global project “Alliance for Product Quality in Africa”.
On behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (Bundesministerium für wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbeit und Entwicklung, BMZ) and the Federal Ministry for Nutrition and Agriculture (Bundesministerium für Ernährung und Landwirtschaft, BMEL), the Alliance is implemented jointly by GIZ and the National Metrology Institute of Germany (Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt, PTB). The GIZ module is a global project financed by the Special Initiative for Training and Job Creation (Invest for Jobs). The Alliance has a mandate to work in eight partner countries: Ethiopia, Egypt, Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Senegal, Morocco, Tunisia and Rwanda. The global project is commissioned for the timeframe 10/2019 until 09/2022 with a volume of EUR 4,000,000.
The project provides the following services:
- Support selected producers and agribusinesses to be supported towards meeting quality
- Demands of international buyers
- Strengthen market-oriented public and private quality standards services
- Support the involvement of the private sector in the work of technical committees on norms and standards
- Communicate results effectively
2021-01-27 to 2022-03-31