The aim of the project is to establish a platform for professional exchange in which research, private sector, civil society and politics are to participate. Exchange of experience between Germany and the member states of the African Union, combined with technical know-how from science and research, on climate-resilient seed systems, agro-ecological and climate-resilient cultivation methods, measures to reduce post-harvest losses, and the strengthening of the role of women in agricultural and food systems.
Tasks of the Expert
- Overall resposibility of the project management
- Provide technical and strategic advice to the AUC (African Union Commission), REC (Regional Economic Community) and other partners on the design and implementation of policy and technical dialogues.
- Coordination of cooperation with AUC departments, RECs and partner countries
- Organisation and preparation of working group meetings and conferences/specialist events
- Ensure integration of project measures into existing AUC processes and methods/instruments
- Support with concept and strategy development
- Establish and maintain a network of focal points at AUDA-NEPAD, RECs and selected AU member countries.
- Capture relevant data, information and documents
- Training/coaching of AUC staff, RECs and member countries on agricultural policy advice
- University degree •
- 5 years professional experience
- Very good English language skills
Professional knowledge and experience:
- Relevant academic background with reference to the main topics of the project
- Professional experience in the sectors of agricultural reform, agricultural investment planning, agricultural policy development, organisational development
- Professional experience in development cooperation with Africa with international donors
- Experience from cooperation with AU institutions and/or RECs
Regional experience and language skills:
- Experience in institutional consulting and project work in Africa
- Knowledge of French
The project duration is from October 2023 - September 2026
Please upload your current CV here