The African Union and the BMEL envisage an agricultural policy dialogue, from which contributions to the overarching objectives of Agenda 2063, CAADP and the Malabo Declaration are expected.
In line with the overall project objective "Transformation and resilience-building of food systems at the level of RECs and African Union member states”, the project primarily aims to establish dialogue formats at continental and regional level. The central element of the methodological approach is the establishment of a Consultative Working Group at continental level as well as thematic working groups at continental, regional and national level.
The direct target group of the project includes policy-makers of the African Union, the Regional Economic Communities, the governments of the AU member states, representatives of continental, regional and national umbrella organisations and decision-makers from donor organisations.
Task of the expert:
The main area of responsibility is advising AUCs, RECs and selected AU member countries on the design and implementation of the following areas:
- Food system transformation strategies
- Resilience strengthening in agriculture
- organisational development and education and training
- At least 10 years of professional experience
- Experience in working with AUCs and/or RECs
- Very good knowledge of English
- Relevant academic background
- Institutional consulting
- Experience in one of the following areas:
- Policy and strategy development in the agricultural sector
- Climate-smart agriculture and agro-ecological innovations
- Training and coaching
Regional expertise and language skills:
- Experience in institutional consulting in Africa
- Knowledge of French
The strategic experts will accompany the project over the whole duration from October 2023 - September 2026 and will give continuous inputs
Please upload your current CV here