Agriculture & Finance Consultants GmbH (AFC) is a private German consulting firm focusing on agriculture/agribusiness and financial sector development projects in developing and transition countries (www.afci.de). We participate in tenders of internationally renowned clients such as GIZ, KfW, EIB, EU, ADB, WB and currently implement projects in 55 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
AFC was founded in 1973 and is a member of the GOPA Consulting Group, Germany's largest group of consulting firms in development cooperation with an annual turnover of approx. EUR 240 million in 2021.
AFC generates a turnover of 33 Mio. per year and employs 60 permanent staff members in our headquarters in Germany to manage around 800 professionals in 87 AFC offices abroad.
To strengthen our finance and contract team, we are looking for a
Finance & Contract Manager (m/f/d)
Your responsibilities/ tasks include:
- Project setup and management in our ERP system
- Invoice entry and expenditure verification
- Controlling of project budgets at an international and national level
- Tracking, analysis and forecasting of project profitability
- Ensure the correct financial and administrative processing of projects in accordance with donor directives (EU, WB, GIZ, KfW etc.) and other applicable standards (procurement law, subsidy Law, federal budget law etc.)
- Conduct online trainings for local accountants in our bookkeeping/accounting software
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and /or finance Master’s/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in accounting/finance
- High proficiency in MS Office tools (above all Excel and Word)
- Business fluent in English and German, additional languages are an advantage
- Affinity for working with IT systems (ERP, accounting software, collaboration tools etc.)
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable working with E-Communication tools (like MS Teams, Skype etc.)
- Basic understanding of donors in international cooperation
What we offer / Our offer:
- Team & culture: You will join dynamic, multi-cultural and multilingual team that enjoys working and supporting each other.
- Responsibility: You join a company committed to being environmentally responsible wherever we operate (AFC is a certified climate neutral company).
- Development: Our annual career development and performance review process will help you set and reach clearly defined goals and objectives. As a new employee, you will be part of a mentorship system.
- Location: AFC is located in Bonn, enabling quick and easy access to Cologne’s cultural activities and events.
- Benefits: AFC offers a “Job Rad” and public transport within the region “Job Ticket” (our office is close to the train station “Bonn UN Campus”, which can easily be reached from Cologne as well)
- Strengths: we have short decision-making processes and a flat hierarchy
- Flexibility: We enable flexible work arrangements, including flexible working hours and mobile or telework
Are you interested to join us?
We look forward to receive your online application, including your possible start date and salary expectations.
For any further questions about the position, or AFC, you can contact
Ms Samira Bouazouni, HR/Recruiting, inhouse [at] afci.de