Overall objective: The EU alignment process of the Government of the Republic of Moldova in the field of agriculture and rural development is effective.
Project objective: The Moldovan Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industry (MAFI) and other relevant stakeholders have made progress in aligning key agricultural regulations and administrative systems with EU requirements.
- Decision-makers, managers and technical experts in the agricultural sector from Moldova and Germany (and other European countries) use the Agricultural Policy Dialogue as a platform for exchange on priority agricultural policy issues.
- Screening of alignment with Chapters 11 and 12 (and 13 if applicable) of the EU acquis and the development of "roadmaps" for further alignment are efficiently prepared by the Moldovan Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industry (MAFI).
- MAFI's capacity in programme development and agricultural policy monitoring is improved.
- Academic degree
- Five years of professional experience
- Very good command of English
- Command of Geman
Other qualifications that will be considered an asset:
- Relevant academic background
- Experience in the field of EU harmonisation/adaptation to the EU acquis in the field of agriculture and/or food safety (preferably experience in the last 10 years).
- Experience in the field of international policy advice
- Knowledge of the working methods of the BMEL, its subordinate authorities and the wider German agricultural administration
- Knowledge of European agricultural policy, especially in the priority areas of the project
- Experience in advising ministries and/or state authorities
- Regional experience and language skills
- Experience in EU countries or EU accession countries
- Experience in Eastern Europe, especially Moldova
- Good German language skills
- Knowledge of the Romanian or Russian language
- Experience in managing international projects
Expected from November 2023 to October 2026 with an additional extension option of 24 months
If you are interested, please upload your most recent CV here