The project aims to make a key contribution to strengthening the fruit and vegetable sector in Ukraine. The focus is on agricultural dialogue with the partner ministries for agricultural policy and food as well as education and science and downstream institutions to improve the framework conditions in the fruit and vegetable sector, especially with regard to production and marketing. The focus is on agricultural policy and institutional advice for key institutions, strengthening education and training and agricultural extension, and promoting investment and business start-ups. The project follows a regional approach with a focus on the Vinnytsia oblast, one of the main fruit and vegetable growing regions in Ukraine. It is thus also intended to support the current decentralisation efforts of the Ukrainian government.
Tasks of the Team Leader
- Overall project management, including coordination and ensuring coherence of all project activities.
- Efficient management of all financial and non-financial project resources, including short term inputs
- Interaction and project coordination with relevant project partners and stakeholders, both in Ukraine and Germany.
- External representation of the project
- Overall supervision and responsibility for all M&E activities of the project
- Overall supervision/technical responsibility for all technical and contractual Reporting activities of the project.
- Organisation of steering committee meetings and monitoring of the meetings of the technical steering working groups for result areas 1 (legal and institutional framework for the production and marketing of fruit and vegetable sector) and 3 (Instruments for the financial promotion of strategic agricultural investments and business start-ups in the fruit and vegetable sector)
- Technical implementation of the following results area activities
- Advising administrations at national, regional and local level on improving the framework conditions of the fruit and vegetable sector.
- Technical implementation of the following results area activities 2:
- Design and implementation of a publicity campaign to communicate the project's successes and lessons learned.
- Technical implementation of the following results area activities 3:
- Support of the Illintsi agricultural school through an open and transparent transparent Tendering process for the procurement of: a) suitable fruit and vegetable production/storage equipment and b) suitable equipment and furniture of the extension unit (Agricultural Extension Office).
- Establishment and implementation of an fruit and vegetable grant programme for graduates of the Illintsi agricultural college.
- Establishment and implementation of the fruit and vegetable Agricultural Investment Grant Programme.
Long-term Team leader- 660 days
- Studies/Master's degree in horticultural or agricultural sciences or another subject relevant to the project
- Several years of professional experience in international cooperation projects
- Experience in horticulture or agriculture (incl. experience with EU standards)
- Experience in agricultural policy and institutional advisory services
- Very good knowledge of German and English. Ukrainian and/or Russian language skills are an advantage.
- Professional experience in Ukraine or Central and Eastern Europe
- Team leadership skills
- Skills in the creation of concepts, strategies and business plans
- Expertise in the field of impact-oriented monitoring
Three years estimated to start in January 2023.
Please upload your current CV here