Climate change mitigation and environmental protection are among the most pressing issues in global development cooperation. AFC provides technical assistance at different levels to encourage climate/green finance and thus supports sustainable development and strengthening of domestic financial markets. We assist financial institutions (FIs) in entering and advancing climate finance markets.
For upcoming projects, we are looking for seasoned experts who are able and capable to work (short-term or long-term) on the following topics:
- green finance and climate change related issues, preferably for financial service companies, including environmental & social risk management;
- development and structuring of innovative financial instruments and investment projects in relation to climate change, energy efficiency and renewable energy finance;
- business development with a successful track record in green finance related activities;
- climate risk assessment, mitigation, and adaptation advisory;
- research and analyses;
- GHG mapping and reporting techniques and tools.
- University degree in Economics, Banking, Environmental Science, Development Finance, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of proven practical experience in international technical assistance projects with renown development partners in at least one of the following fields:
- climate change, energy efficiency and renewable energy, circular economy, biodiversity, environmental and social management, or related fields;
- energy efficiency / renewable energy finance for various target groups: corporates, SMEs, households, municipalities, etc.;
- development and structuring of climate/green financial instruments and products, tailored to the specific sectoral/regional needs;
- training and capacity building of financial institutions’ staff with a proven ability to work for audiences with various levels of understanding and experience;
- public and private sectors related to climate finance, development, and implementation of strategies on climate finance;
- refinement and implementation of financial institutions’ Environmental and Social Management Systems (ESMS), including environmental & social (E&S) policies and procedures, impact analysis and monitoring.
- Proven relevant experience of working with International Financial Institutions, national banking sector, relevant government stakeholders in target regions of TA assignment.
- Flexible, pragmatic, and solution-oriented working approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language; knowledge of other languages is a plus.
Submit your latest CV here. Please indicate in the application your preferred mode of engagement (short- or long- term).