Within the framework of German Financial Cooperation (FC) with Namibia, the German Government is examining support for an agricultural financing project. As part of this project, the state-owned development bank Agricultural Bank of Namibia (Agribank) is supporting it with a development loan of EUR 23 million to expand its business activities.
The main business purpose of Agribank is to lend to individuals and companies for the promotion of agriculture and similar activities. Agribank also provides targeted support for national development strategies, such as the National Development Plan.
The Bank's target group consists mostly of smaller farms engaged in either municipal or commercial farming, but increasingly also of other small and medium-sized agricultural or food processing enterprises. With access to needs-based financial products, the target group is enabled to use funds for the expansion and expansion of their agricultural or food processing activities, thus generating additional income and increasing food production and income situation in Namibia.
The project also promotes the establishment of productive and resource-conserving agriculture in order to increase food production in Namibia in a sustainable way.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Agribusiness, Agricultural Development, Agricultural Economics, or any related field.
- At least 10 years of practical experience in the field of agriculture finance/ MSME finance.
- Relevant experience in Namibia and other Southern African countries.
- Experience with KfW or other development institutions.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Note : The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for this project is not yet published, thus the requirements, tasks, timing, and other related details may change.
April 2022 to 2025
Please upload your latest CV here. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.