Qualification and Skills
- University degree, preferably at Masters’ level, in the field of environmental engineering or related field. In the absence of a Master's degree, the expert must have an equivalent extra five (5) years of relevant general professional experience;
- Educational / trainer certification;
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of local languages in the countries of the assignment would be an asset (e.g. Chichewa, Bemba, Yao, etc.);
- Computer literate;
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
General Professional Experience
- Extensive experience in the identification and mitigation of environmental risks in rural development, as demonstrated by at least five (5) years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience in the impacts of climate change in developing environments and in climate-responses, including climate risk reduction, mitigation and adaptation.
Specific Professional Experience
- Five (5) years professional experience and proven track record in the provision of technical assistance in the agricultural sector preferably in the Region;
- Experience in animal welfare and/or sustainable use of natural resources would be a strong advantage;
- Experience in fair-trading practises and certification requirements, as well as in establishing off-take/out-grower agreements between agri-business and farmers would be a strong advantage.
The intended commencement date is end March/April 2020 for the TA support to the Malawi Credit Facilities. The period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months for the TA support to the Malawi Credit Facility.The TA support to the Zambia Credit Facility is preliminarily anticipated to start in May 2020 with a period of implementation of 36 months.