The overall objective to which this action contributes is:
To contribute to the effective implementation of national sector policies in the areas of agriculture and climate action in agriculture in Rwanda, in the framework of the sector reform contract “Transformational climate-smart and inclusive agriculture in Rwanda”
The operational bases of the project will be at Kigali, Rwanda.
Key expert 1: Team leader/coordinator/Capacity building (indicatively 880 working days)
- He/she will be in charge of the overall management of the project in terms of priorities, content, policy dialogue, ensuring overall coherence of approach, linking with other stakeholders, ensuring adequacy to the needs the objectives and purposes of the team and delivering timely quality outputs.
- He/she will also be managing the selection, mobilisation and supervision of short-term/Non-key expertise and coordinate reporting. He will ensure enhanced coordination within technical ministries and implementing agencies.
- He/she will be closely coordinating with the EU Delegation and coordinate regular reporting to be provided to the EU Delegation in the framework of the Sector Reform Contract implementation.
- The team leader will be in charge of the monitoring and evaluation of the technical assistance’s performance.
- He will ensure the communication with the consortium, if any, and a close collaboration with the backstopping team.
- The team leader will be embedded at MINAGRI.
- The team leader will act as an overall coordinator of activities and planning. He will also reply to the requests of the contracting authority for additional activities not initially planned.
- Additionally, the team leader will also be the focal point for this technical assistance to the sectors ‘donors.
- He/she will be leading the development of capacity building plans, linking with relevant central and local institutions and stakeholders, identifying priority needs and requirements, monitoring all technical inputs and ensuring the timely delivery of quality outputs.
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree in Economics, Agriculture economics, Agronomy, Public administration, or equivalent professional experience of at least 12 years;
- Proven management, coordination and leadership skills;
- Proven knowledge of public policies and programmes/project in the area of agriculture and climate action in agriculture;
- Proven knowledge in capacity building in public institutions;
- Excellent English communication skills both orally and in writing; at least C-1 level proficiency in English
- At least B-2 level proficiency in French.
General professional experience
- A minimum of 12 years of experience is required.
- At least 10 years of experience in project management in the sectors of agriculture or climate change;
- At least 8 years of experience in advising or implementing policy-based strategic planning in the agriculture and/or environmental sectors;
- Professional working experience managing sector budget support (Sector Reform Contracts).
Considered an asset:
- Similar experiences in Sub-Saharan African countries
Specific professional experience
- 6 years successful professional working experience in supporting institutional reforms and strategies in relevant sectors for this technical assistance;
- At least 3 professional working experiences as team leader, managing experts’ team;
- At least 2 professional working experiences embedded in technical ministries or national implementing agencies;
- At least 3 professional working experiences in institutional capacity development (including elaboration of capacity building plans, training needs assessment and experiences in training, etc…).
Considered an asset:
- Professional working experiences with local or decentralized authorities;
- Professional working experience in twinning and peer-to-peer;
- Professional working experience with the EU.
From March 2023 over four years
Please upload your updated CV here