The consultants will work with 6 institutions: State Bank of Vietnam (SBV), 4 financial institutions, and 1 non-financial institution to strengthen their operations to better serve WSMEs. ADB will select the participating institutions.
For SBV, the objective is to establish a system for capturing and reporting data on WSMEs. The work will be divided into 3 phases:
- Gap analysis and action plan. Assess and develop an action plan to strengthen SBV’s collection, management, and use of data on WSMEs to include data collection’s governing framework. Include a communications plan for stakeholders that provide inputs to or are users of the data. This assessment is estimated to take 3 months.
- Implementation. Assist SBV to implement the data action plan. Include the implementation of a communications plan for stakeholders that provide inputs to or are users of the data. The implementation phase should be materially complete within 3 months.
- Operations. Assist SBV to collect, verify, analyze, and disseminate data on WSMEs. The operation phase would last 2 years, during which the consultant would submit quarterly reports. At the end of the operations phase, the consultant will have transferred enough understanding of the data operations so that SBV staff can continue it without external support.
For the 4 FIs, the work will be divided into 2 phases:
- Gap analysis and action plan. Conduct a broad gender gap assessment on each of the 4 FIs with particular focus on (i) screening procedures, (ii) financial products and services, and (3) data capture, reporting, and monitoring. The report should include actionable recommendations on how the FI can address shortcomings.
- Implementation. Assist the 4 FIs to implement the gender gap assessment recommendations. Priority areas are (i) strengthening screening procedures, (ii) introducing or updating financial products or services targeted to WSMEs, (iii) establishing or updating a system for capturing data and reporting on WSMEs, and (iv) identifying new technologies that can strengthen outreach to WSMEs.
For the non-financial institution, the work will be divided into 2 phases:
- Gap analysis and action plan. Conduct a broad gender gap assessment of the institution with particular focus on its non-financial products and support services for WSMEs. The report should include actionable recommendations on how the institution can address shortcomings.
- Implementation. Assist the institution to implement the gender gap assessment recommendations. The implementation plan must include introducing or updating non-financial products and support services for WSMEs.
- Master’s degree, preferably in data science or a related field
- At least 10 years of experience in designing, implementing, and operating management information systems for financial institutions
Start: openAssignment duration: 30 months (intermittent) Working months total: 10 monthsWorking months in field: 9 monthsInternational trips: 7 Domestic trips: 8
Please send your most recent CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org